- Economic Contribution of the Japanese Film And Television Industry 2019 - Japan
- Study Benchmarking and Tracking Online Film & TV Piracy in Japan 2019
- Economic Contribution of the Japanese Film And Television Industry 2015 - Japan
- Economic Contribution of the Japanese Film and Television Industry 2012 - Japan
- Economic Consequences Of Movie Piracy 2010 - Japan
- Previous Report
- The MPA and Technology
- Asia Pacific Technology Initiatives
- Illegal File-Sharing: the Risks Aren’t Worth It
The MPA and Technology
The MPA is exploring the following new technology areas in its efforts to better serve consumers today:
- Taking a pro-active stance in technology standards and interoperability forums so that different devices and equipment can function together.
- Supporting practical home networking solutions so that digital content can be moved within the networked home. For example, one may network content to a second home, car, or mobile phone.
- Participating in Digital Rights Management (DRM) related activities to ensure that emerging and existing rights management technologies work well together for the benefit of consumers.
- Implementing managed recording for DVDs and managed copying for next generation HD DVD or Blu-ray discs. Managed recording and managed copying will let consumers make legal copies of content with approved technologies.