- December.27.2017 SAVE THE DATE: FEB 1, 2018, TOKYO – SITE BLOCKING SEMINAR
- December.27.2017 GOVERNMENT WEBSITE PROMOTES THE PROTECTION OF LEGITIMATE CONTENT
- November.21.2017 Site Blocking in Japan—A Call for Action
- November.14.2017 Online Piracy in Japan: How Big is the Problem—and what’s an Effective Solution?
Collaboration the key to both growing and protecting the film industry in Japan
Author: MPAA Chairman Senator Chris Dodd
- July.04.2017 JIMCA Awards Special Prize at the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia Award Ceremony
- March.13.2017 EXPERTS QUESTION WHETHER DNS SITE BLOCKING FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT VIOLATES PUBLIC PRIVACY
- February.27.2017 Fair Use Isn’t “Dare Use”
SAVE THE DATE: FEB 1, 2018, TOKYO – SITE BLOCKING SEMINAR December.27.2017
The 42nd workshop and open seminar “The Current Status of Site Blocking, the Measure of IP Infringement on the Internet” will be held on Thursday, February 1, 2018 between 6-8pm, at Surugadai campus, Meiji University, Tokyo.
The seminar is co-organized by the Intellectual Property Law and Policy Institute (IPLPI) at Meiji University and the Content Management Subcommittee, Intellectual Property Association of Japan.
The seminar will host special guest speaker, Michael Schlesinger, Vice President & Regional Legal Counsel Asia-Pacific Region, Motion Picture Association.
The seminar will look at site blocking as a technique that blocks accesses to specific websites at the ISP level. In Japan, site blocking serves as a technical method currently being used for preventing the online distribution of child pornography.
The Government and stakeholders in Japan are currently debating the merits of establishing site blocking as a measure to prevent copyright infringement. It is widely understood that online infringement seriously damages the businesses of both domestic and international content creators, and similarly impedes the growth of legitimate digital platforms.
The seminar will review the current status of site blocking around the world, the efficacy of existing site blocking measures for copyright, and the legal considerations for establishing site blocking in Japan.
The seminar is free to attend although advanced registration is required. If you wish to participate, please apply via the following online link:
Surugadai campus, Meiji University
1-1 Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku
Intellectual Property Law and Policy Institute (IPLPI) at Meiji University:
Intellectual Property Association of Japan:
Content Management Subcommittee of Intellectual Property Association of Japan: