- December.27.2017 SAVE THE DATE: FEB 1, 2018, TOKYO – SITE BLOCKING SEMINAR
- December.27.2017 GOVERNMENT WEBSITE PROMOTES THE PROTECTION OF LEGITIMATE CONTENT
- November.21.2017 Site Blocking in Japan—A Call for Action
- November.14.2017 Online Piracy in Japan: How Big is the Problem—and what’s an Effective Solution?
Collaboration the key to both growing and protecting the film industry in Japan
Author: MPAA Chairman Senator Chris Dodd
- July.04.2017 JIMCA Awards Special Prize at the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia Award Ceremony
- March.13.2017 EXPERTS QUESTION WHETHER DNS SITE BLOCKING FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT VIOLATES PUBLIC PRIVACY
- February.27.2017 Fair Use Isn’t “Dare Use”
GOVERNMENT WEBSITE PROMOTES THE PROTECTION OF LEGITIMATE CONTENT December.27.2017
On December 26, 2018, the website of the Public Relations Office of the Government of Japan, under the section “Useful Information for Life”, published an article “Forbid Infringing Content! which promoted ways to protect the future of legitimate comics, animation, movies, music, games and other creative content.”
The article described how infringing content causes harm to existing legitimate creative content businesses.
The website provides people with means to report cases of infringement, including JIMCA’s Piracy Hotline, along with a link to JIMCA’s educational video.
Public Relations Office of the Government of Japan:
Forbid Infringing Content: