- November.29.2016 Motion Picture Association (MPA)/ Japan and International Motion Picture Copyright Association (JIMCA) and Digital Hollywood University (DHU) launched the 4th MPA-DHU Film Workshop inviting John Polson, Executive Producer and Director of CBS television series Elementary as special guest
- October.29.2016 MPA SEMINAR HIGHLIGHTS PRESSING NEED TO PROTECT CREATIVE CONTENT AS RESEARCH REVEALS 31% OF JAPANESE INVOLVED IN PIRACY
- October.04.2016 Mr. Michael C. Ellis, President and Managing Director, Asia‐Pacific, Motion Picture Association (MPA), visited Japan and presented Certificates of Appreciation to the Kyoto Prefectural Police Headquarters Cyber Crime Division and Fushimi Police Station
- August.11.2016 “SUMMER CINEMA WORKSHOP 2016” HELD FOR IP RIGHTS AND FILM STUDIES COLLEGE STUDENTS
- August.02.2016 TWO MORE MEN ARRESTED FOR ILLEGALLY UPLOADING SUBTITLED MOVIESOperation conducted by Kyoto Prefectural Police Headquarters Cyber Crime Division and Fushimi Police Station
- July.06.2016 A MEN ARRESTED FOR ILLEGALLY UPLOADING SUBTITLED MOVIESOperation conducted by Kyoto Prefectural Police Headquarters Cyber Crime Division and Fushimi Police Station
SIMULTANEOUS INTENSIVE CRACKDOWN ON ONLINE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT February.22.2016
- The Anti Counterfeiting Association (ACA)
- Association of Copyright for Computer Software (ACCS)
- Motion Picture Producer Association of Japan, Inc. (MPAJ)
- Japan Video Software Association (JVA)
- Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC)
- Japan and International Motion Picture Copyright Association(JIMCA)
- Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ)
- BSA|The Software Alliance (BSA)
According to information from the National Police Agency, 29 prefectural police in Japan conducted a nationwide simultaneous intensive crackdown on copyright infringement incidences of movies, music, animation, comics, and business software via file sharing software, etc. during the period of February 16th to 18th, 2016, and searched 93 premises. Up to the present time, 15:00 PM on February 19, 44 individuals have been arrested.
For summaries of cases related to the Anti Counterfeiting Assocation (ACA)’s member associations of the incidences uncovered, please refer to the respective association contacts or websites listed below.
The Japanese National Police Agency has effectively continued to execute a Simultaneous Intensive Crackdown on Copyright Infringement Using File Sharing Software, etc. since the year of 2009, and this operation was the seventh time.
In addition to this, all ACA affiliate associations have participated in the operation of sending out warning messages via emails implemented by the Consortium against Copyright Infringement via File-Sharing Software (CCIF), and have joined the action of requesting individual users who commit distribution of copyright infringement content using file sharing software networks to delete the files.
Along with the National Police Agency, ACA will continue to work closely in conjunction with all relevant ministries and agencies in the future to promote the movement of eradicating counterfeit products and protecting intellectual property.
■The Anti-Counterfeiting Association (ACA)
■National Police Agency Public Relations’ Press Release
Title: “The Simultaneous Crackdown on Copyright Infringement Incidences Using File Sharing Software.”
■National Police Agency’s Report “Conference Report of Comprehensive Security Measures 2007”
Title: “Issues and Measures regarding Copyright Infringement Using File Sharing Software such as Winny, etc.”
■Consortium against Copyright Infringement via File-Sharing Software (CCIF)
■For information on Individual Incidences:
・Association of Copyright for Computer Software (ACCS)
P.R. Contact Person: Oota / TEL: 03-5976-5175
・Japan Video Software Association (JVA)
P.R. Contact Person: Takagi / TEL: 03-3542-4432
・Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC)
P.R. Contact Person: KItazawa / TEL: 03-3481-2164
・Japan and International Motion Picture Copyright Association (JIMCA)
P.R. Contact Person: Murakami / TEL: 03-3265-1401
・Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ)
P.R. Contact Person: Tanno / TEL: 03-5575-1305
■For information regarding this news release:
・“The Simultaneous Crackdown”(The Anti Counterfeiting Association/ ACA Secretariat)
Japan Video Software Association (JVA)
P.R. Contact Persons: Takagi / TEL: 03-3542-4432
*As already announced by the National Police Agency and the ACA above, a Simultaneous Intensive Crackdown on Copyright Infringement Incidences via File Sharing Software, etc., was conducted under the lead of the National Police Agency.
For the simultaneous intensive crackdown, JIMCA assisted in the operation by filing complaints against the individuals, who had illegally uploaded files of MPA member companies’ copyrighted movies, to four prefectural police.