- October.26.2015 CALLS FOR JAPAN TO FURTHER STRENGTHEN MEASURES TO PROTECT CREATIVE CONTENT IN THE DIGITAL AGE MADE DURING MPA SEMINAR AT 28TH TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- October.25.2015 RIO & ICE AGE DIRECTOR CARLOS SALDANHA TALKS PASSION & ANIMATION AT MPA-DHU FILM WORKSHOP DURING TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- September.10.2015 REMORSELESS UPLOADER ON VIDEO HOSTING WEBSITE FC2 VIDEO FOUND GUILTY
- August.18.2015 Announcement of Personnel Change
- August.17.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHES “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- August.14.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHING “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- April.29.2015 JIMCA SUBMITS WRITTEN OPINION IN TO PUBLIC OPINION CALLING FOR “Interpretative Guideline on Electronic Commerce and Information Property Trading”
- April.24.2015 JAPAN’S CREATIVE COMMUNITY CELEBRATES WORLD IP DAY WITH SPECIAL SCREENING OF “BIRDMAN”
- March.29.2015 GUILTY VERDICT HANDED DOWN TO MAN ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Decision by the Fukuoka Summary Court
- March.27.2015 JIMCA SUPPORTS “CYBERCRIME PREVENTION CLASSES” RUN BY JAPANESE NATIONWIDE PREFECTURAL POLICE
- February.23.2015 MAN FROM ARITA-CITY, WAKAYAMA PREFECTURE ARRESTED FOR ILLEGALLY UPLOADING MOVIES Operation by Wakayama Prefectural Police Headquarters Consumer and Environmental Protection Division, and Arita Police Station
- February.23.2015 SIMULTANEOUS INTENSIVE CRACKDOWN ON ONLINE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- February.19.2015 MAN FOUND GUILTY OF SELLING PIRATED DVDs TO OFFICE COLLEAGUES Operation by Metropolitan Police Department
- February.09.2015 CHARGES FILED TO THE FUKUOKA DISTRICT PUBLIC PROSECUTORS OFFICE AGAINST MAN SUSPECTED FOR ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Operation by Hakata Police Station, Fukuoka Prefecture
- January.14.2015 THE WINNER OF THE FIRST MPA/DHU FILM WORKSHOP HEADS TO HOLLYWOOD
JIMCA LAUNCHES “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88! August.17.2015
Between August 14 (Fri) and 16 (Sun), 2015, Japan and International Motion Picture Association (JIMCA), with the support of the Association of Japanese Animation (AJA), launched an awareness campaign themed “STOP! Illegal Download” at a corporate booth of the Comic Market 88 held at Tokyo Big Sight.
Along with the exclusive original DVDs of “Tell me about it, Stoppy! -STOP! Illegal Download-” featuring Ms. Aki Toyosaki, which includes clear explanations on “Illegal Downloading” and other educational information, original shopping bags of the animated show “Rokka-no-Yusha (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)” and “STOP! Illegal Download” were distributed for free.
Mr. Yo Ota, Professor of Law School, the University of Tokyo and Partner Attorney of Nishimura Asahi Horitsu Jimusho (Nishimura & Asahi) participating in the Mini-Talk shows at the Comic Market 88 this time, said, “Having talk shows with Q’ulle at a place like Comic Market, I believe that many visitors who came to join us were able to gain more interest in copyright.”
The STOP! Illegal Strikes Back booth received 19,000 visitors, and the campaign concluded with tremendous success. To view the event details, please click here.