- October.26.2015 CALLS FOR JAPAN TO FURTHER STRENGTHEN MEASURES TO PROTECT CREATIVE CONTENT IN THE DIGITAL AGE MADE DURING MPA SEMINAR AT 28TH TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- October.25.2015 RIO & ICE AGE DIRECTOR CARLOS SALDANHA TALKS PASSION & ANIMATION AT MPA-DHU FILM WORKSHOP DURING TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- September.10.2015 REMORSELESS UPLOADER ON VIDEO HOSTING WEBSITE FC2 VIDEO FOUND GUILTY
- August.18.2015 Announcement of Personnel Change
- August.17.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHES “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- August.14.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHING “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- April.29.2015 JIMCA SUBMITS WRITTEN OPINION IN TO PUBLIC OPINION CALLING FOR “Interpretative Guideline on Electronic Commerce and Information Property Trading”
- April.24.2015 JAPAN’S CREATIVE COMMUNITY CELEBRATES WORLD IP DAY WITH SPECIAL SCREENING OF “BIRDMAN”
- March.29.2015 GUILTY VERDICT HANDED DOWN TO MAN ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Decision by the Fukuoka Summary Court
- March.27.2015 JIMCA SUPPORTS “CYBERCRIME PREVENTION CLASSES” RUN BY JAPANESE NATIONWIDE PREFECTURAL POLICE
- February.23.2015 MAN FROM ARITA-CITY, WAKAYAMA PREFECTURE ARRESTED FOR ILLEGALLY UPLOADING MOVIES Operation by Wakayama Prefectural Police Headquarters Consumer and Environmental Protection Division, and Arita Police Station
- February.23.2015 SIMULTANEOUS INTENSIVE CRACKDOWN ON ONLINE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- February.19.2015 MAN FOUND GUILTY OF SELLING PIRATED DVDs TO OFFICE COLLEAGUES Operation by Metropolitan Police Department
- February.09.2015 CHARGES FILED TO THE FUKUOKA DISTRICT PUBLIC PROSECUTORS OFFICE AGAINST MAN SUSPECTED FOR ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Operation by Hakata Police Station, Fukuoka Prefecture
- January.14.2015 THE WINNER OF THE FIRST MPA/DHU FILM WORKSHOP HEADS TO HOLLYWOOD
JIMCA SUPPORTS COPYRIGHT DIFFUSION AND COUNTERFEIT PRODUCT ERADICATION ACTIVITIES RUN BY THE AGENCY FOR CULTURAL AFFAIRS July.29.2015
Japan and International Motion Picture Copyright Association (JIMCA) co-produced special educational plastic folders, for distribution to children and students, with the Agency for Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in support of their copyright diffusion and counterfeit product eradication activities.
Featuring character “Bunchan”from the Agency for Cultural Affairs’ public relations web magazine “Bunkaru”, educational messages and clear explanations on guidelines for children and students when using the internet to access content were printed on the folders.
These educational folders were distributed to elementary and junior high school students at the “Let’s Learn about Intellectual Property Everyone” program as part of the “Children’s Kasumigaseki Field Trip Day”held on July 29 (Wed) and July 30 (Thu) by the Agency for Cultural Affairs. The folders will also be also handed out at the Copyright Classes conducted by JIMCA for elementary students as well as other events by the Agency for Cultural Affairs related to copyright diffusion and counterfeit product eradication.