- October.26.2015 CALLS FOR JAPAN TO FURTHER STRENGTHEN MEASURES TO PROTECT CREATIVE CONTENT IN THE DIGITAL AGE MADE DURING MPA SEMINAR AT 28TH TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- October.25.2015 RIO & ICE AGE DIRECTOR CARLOS SALDANHA TALKS PASSION & ANIMATION AT MPA-DHU FILM WORKSHOP DURING TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- September.10.2015 REMORSELESS UPLOADER ON VIDEO HOSTING WEBSITE FC2 VIDEO FOUND GUILTY
- August.18.2015 Announcement of Personnel Change
- August.17.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHES “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- August.14.2015 JIMCA LAUNCHING “STOP! ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD STRIKES BACK” AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AT COMIC MARKET 88!
- April.29.2015 JIMCA SUBMITS WRITTEN OPINION IN TO PUBLIC OPINION CALLING FOR “Interpretative Guideline on Electronic Commerce and Information Property Trading”
- April.24.2015 JAPAN’S CREATIVE COMMUNITY CELEBRATES WORLD IP DAY WITH SPECIAL SCREENING OF “BIRDMAN”
- March.29.2015 GUILTY VERDICT HANDED DOWN TO MAN ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Decision by the Fukuoka Summary Court
- March.27.2015 JIMCA SUPPORTS “CYBERCRIME PREVENTION CLASSES” RUN BY JAPANESE NATIONWIDE PREFECTURAL POLICE
- February.23.2015 MAN FROM ARITA-CITY, WAKAYAMA PREFECTURE ARRESTED FOR ILLEGALLY UPLOADING MOVIES Operation by Wakayama Prefectural Police Headquarters Consumer and Environmental Protection Division, and Arita Police Station
- February.23.2015 SIMULTANEOUS INTENSIVE CRACKDOWN ON ONLINE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- February.19.2015 MAN FOUND GUILTY OF SELLING PIRATED DVDs TO OFFICE COLLEAGUES Operation by Metropolitan Police Department
- February.09.2015 CHARGES FILED TO THE FUKUOKA DISTRICT PUBLIC PROSECUTORS OFFICE AGAINST MAN SUSPECTED FOR ILLEGALLY CAMCORDING MOVIE Operation by Hakata Police Station, Fukuoka Prefecture
- January.14.2015 THE WINNER OF THE FIRST MPA/DHU FILM WORKSHOP HEADS TO HOLLYWOOD
REMORSELESS UPLOADER “KUROIWA CINEMA THEATER” ILLEGALLY UPLOADING TO VIDEO HOSTING WEBSITE FC2 VIDEO ARRESTED! June.12.2015
Operation by Gunma Prefectural Police Cyber Crime Office and Ota Police Station
On June 11, 2015, police officers from Gunma Prefectural Police Headquarters Cyber Crime Office and Ota Police Station conducted a search of a 36-year-old male dispatched worker’s premises in Ibo-gun Taishi-cho, Hyogo Prefecture. They subsequently arrested the individual on suspicion of Copyright Act Violation for illegally uploading a large amount of files of MPAA member companies’ copyrighted movies to video hosting website FC2 Video.
The man had been using the name of “Kuroiwa Cinema Theater” and similar nicknames to set up new FC2 accounts one after another. He had been repeatedly uploading large volumes of illegal files to FC2 Video, despite the fact that the illegal video files were taken down by JIMCA and the movie companies, and his accounts suspended by FC2, the operator of the website. The man was an extremely remorseless illegal uploader who had been carrying on his illegal acts, only uploading files by night to avoid being discovered. In addition to consulting with and requesting Gunma Prefectural Police Cyber Crime Office undertake a crackdown, JIMCA provided assistance in examining illegal files for the investigations.
Since Kuroiwa Cinema Theater included in his self introduction the following, “Once again, my account has been suspended. (bowing ☆) I will be acting more carefully. (bowing ☆)”, and always used symbols to signify the titles for the videos uploaded, and since the videos posted by Kuroiwa Cinema Theater were obviously illegal uploads, it is possible that the users who downloaded these videos and praised the uploads in the comment field may also face criminal liability.
In order to eliminate illegal uploading and downloading of movie files as well as to realize a free and wholesome internet environment, JIMCA will continue its endeavors.