- November.04.2020 The arguments were made during the MPA Seminar – Constitutionality of Site Blocking in Japan, hosted by the Motion Picture Association (MPA), Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) and UniJapan.
- July.28.2020 FUTURE OF CHINA’S FILM INDUSTRY BIGGER, BETTER, BRIGHTER – FORUM
- July.22.2020 MPA, TIFFCOM, and DHU are jointly sponsoring the “Master Class / Seminar & Pitching Contest 2020” for young filmmakers.
- July.17.2020 The new “No More Movie Thieves” commercial has begun showing in theaters across the country.
- June.29.2020 Light at the end of the tunnel – Southeast Asia’s Best Practice Production Webinar is happening on Friday, July 3!
- June.19.2020 The Content Overseas Distribution Association (CODA), started a new campaign to protect Japanese Anime & Manga content.
The new “No More Movie Thieves” commercial has begun showing in theaters across the country. July.17.2020
The Executive Committee for the “Let’s Go to the Movies!” campaign, organized by the Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan (MPPAJ), Japan Association Theater Owners (JATO), Foreign Film Importer-Distributors Association of Japan (JFIDAJ), and Motion Picture Association have released new “No More Movie Thieves” commercials to be shown in theaters.
Made for in-theater use, the commercials’ purpose is to notify and spread awareness of the Act on Prevention of Unauthorized Recording of Films, enacted on August 30, 2007. This commercial, the fifth of the series, covers the “spread of criminalization of illegal downloading”, “increasing visibility of English, Chinese and Korean language subtitles to coincide with the increase in foreign movie viewers”; informs viewers about the Film Classification and the rating system of the Rating Organization (EIRIN), which includes “G”, “PG12”, “R15+”, and “R18+”, and was created to help encourage movie-goers to watch safely and responsibly. This fifth commercial in the “No More Movie Thieves” series began showing sequentially after its predecessor in theaters throughout Japan, with new films released starting July 17th.
The committee started showing these campaign commercials before films and displaying campaign posters inside movie theaters, as a measure to prevent film piracy.