- November.02.2018 On October 26, UNIJAPAN and Motion Picture Association (MPA), with support from the Embassy of the United States of America and the Federation of Japanese Films Industry (FJFI), co-hosted the annual MPA Seminar, the Tokyo International Film Festival’s forum for film industry business and policy debate.
- October.25.2018 On October 25, TIFFCOM, the Digital Hollywood University (DHU) and Motion Picture Association (MPA) co-hosted one-day film workshop.
- September.07.2018 Man who repeatedly streamed movies illegally on Niconico Video, etc. arrested (Kumamoto Prefectural Police Headquarters, Cybercrime Unit)
- August.04.2018 MPA/JIMCA, Tokai University & Intellectual Property Association of Japan co-organized and held a symposium pertaining to content and laws
- April.19.2018 MPA/JIMCA & U.S. EMBASSY CELEBRATE WORLD IP DAY WITH SPECIAL SCREENING OF “READY PLAYER ONE”
- April.17.2018 MPA/JIMCA supports the decision of the Ministerial Meeting Concerning Measures Against Crime, Intellectual Property Strategic Headquarter for “The Emergency Measures Against Online Piracy Sites”