- December.27.2017 SAVE THE DATE: FEB 1, 2018, TOKYO – SITE BLOCKING SEMINAR
- December.27.2017 GOVERNMENT WEBSITE PROMOTES THE PROTECTION OF LEGITIMATE CONTENT
- November.21.2017 Site Blocking in Japan—A Call for Action
- November.14.2017 Online Piracy in Japan: How Big is the Problem—and what’s an Effective Solution?
Collaboration the key to both growing and protecting the film industry in Japan
Author: MPAA Chairman Senator Chris Dodd
- July.04.2017 JIMCA Awards Special Prize at the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia Award Ceremony
- March.13.2017 EXPERTS QUESTION WHETHER DNS SITE BLOCKING FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT VIOLATES PUBLIC PRIVACY
- February.27.2017 Fair Use Isn’t “Dare Use”
JIMCA Awards Special Prize at the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia Award Ceremony July.04.2017
The Japan and International Motion Picture Association (JIMCA) and the Motion Picture Association (MPA) awarded a special prize at the 19th annual Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia Award Ceremony on June 11 at Meiji Kinenkan in Tokyo. The award ceremony was attended by almost 1,000 filmmakers, government officials, celebrities and entertainment industry and media professionals.
The Special Prize, the “MPA Film Immersion Course in Los Angeles”, was awarded to the winner of the Japan Competition, Gori, for his film “born,bone,boon.” Gori is a very popular comedian in Japan as well as an actor and director.
The MPA Film Immersion Course is a unique 5-day course comprised of a series of meetings, lectures and film events with production companies and film studios designed to provide an exclusive and informative introduction to the film and television industry in Hollywood. The prize includes meals, hotel accommodation and airfare.
JIMCA and the MPA also sponsored the Award Ceremony afterparty which was held at V2, a popular restaurant and nightclub. The afterparty celebrated all of the filmmakers who attended the festival and provided an opportunity for JIMCA and the MPA to present our efforts to promote and protect filmmakers in Japan and around the world. JIMCA also premiered the screening of its new anti-piracy video to the delight and support of the filmmakers and after-party attendees.